The mission of Allied Arts, as a multi-disciplined community arts agency, is to make available a broad range of experiences in the performing arts, visual arts, literary arts, heritage arts and general arts education for all the citizens of Milledgeville and Baldwin County regardless of their socioeconomic, cultural, racial, physical or religious differences.
Our vision is to enrich our community by presenting high quality, innovative arts and cultural programs that are meaningful, accessible, and affordable to our citizens.
Keep scrolling to meet our board members, our staff members, and to learn more about how our gears turn.
Meet our staff and Board of Directors
Join Our Team!
Position: Business Office Manager and Bookkeeper
(click here for printable version)
Reports to: works under the direction of the Executive Director
Effective Date: March 24, 2022
Position Summary: To ensure accurate and timely fiscal and payroll records and reports of
all Allied Arts operations, to manage efficient and effective administrative office operations, to
manage and maintain all agency and corporate records and files in an organized and effective
manner, both current and historic, and to assist the Executive Director in administrative needs
Hours of work: up to 30 hours per week
1. Maintain and enter accurate, timely, and detailed records of all accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections, payroll, taxes, and other financial matters, including any electronic transactions into fiscal software. Produce timely budget reports, audit worksheets and schedules, monthly and year end close, balance sheet, asset and liability reports and report on any other fiscal matters needed for organization
operations for the agency and for the agency accountant, Executive Director, committees, grant body or other organization as needed. This includes processing receipts and payments / reimbursements, keeping budgetary records for grants, donations, and all other incoming/outgoing transactions.
2. Accurately prepare and produce all payroll materials, collect time cards and produce paychecks, including processing of necessary tax payments and documents, maintaining accrued leave and accrued leave records, other benefits processing, w-2’s processing, accrued wage calculations, labor reports, and any other payroll related processes. Complete new hire paperwork and labor separation notice. Maintain all personnel files and records for employees. Maintain the highest level of security and confidentiality of payroll and personnel records.
3. Manage the Allied Arts business office, including but not limited to organizing and maintaining easily accessible business files and documentation of business operations, corporate files, historical records, electronic files, and contract files. Establish, write and maintain important operating procedures with approval of the Executive Director.
4. Complete annual insurance audit, annual Secretary of State Registration and any other organizational business requirements. Maintain and acquire business supplies, seek bids for office equipment, serve as liaison for business equipment servicing and repairs.
5. Supervise, coordinate and maintain the master calendar and the day-to-day operations of the office. Coordinate and schedule yard maintenance. Ensure phone coverage and rotation of coverage. Seek volunteers when possible. In the absence of the Outreach Coordinator, provide coverage of the essential duties of that position.
6. Complete any other necessary business matters including but not limited to: donor tracking & thank you notes to donors coordinating with Outreach Coordinator, and other items identified in the Office Manager Procedures and Plan of Operations summary,and keeping this document current. Maintain date/time stamps on all operating documents.
7. Complete all other duties, as assigned by the board of directors, executive director or others as designated in charge.
1. Proficient usage of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, etc.
2. Knowledge and Experience in Quickbooks or other accounting software Proficient in
generally accepted accounting principles and practices, bookkeeping and budgetary
3. Demonstrates accuracy and timeliness of work products
4. Demonstrates good organizational skills and efficient use of time
5. Works well with others and demonstrates good communication skills both in person
and in written correspondence
6. Demonstrates good attendance and is punctual. Flexible scheduling required,
including some weekend days.
7. Ability to sit, bend and lift supplies and file boxes as necessary.