Marlor Cottage, C. 1820
The Marlor Cottage through the years. Have a photo of this facility you'd like to see here? Email us!
Located on the right-hand side of the Marlor House (which is located at 201 N Wayne St, Milledgeville, GA).
The Marlor Cottage is a two-story structure that was built circa 1820 by John Marlor who resided there while he built the larger Marlor House located next door to the Cottage. Over the years, the Marlor Cottage has been used as dorms for college students and then by Allied Arts for some programming and as an artist-in-residence lodge in the early years of the organization. Because of the need for interior renovations, Allied Arts has not been able to use the historical structure for several years.
In 2019, Allied Arts was graciously awarded a grant from the Community Foundation of Central Georgia to renovate the interior of the Marlor Cottage. With the money received from the Knight Foundation Fund, Allied Arts will be able to renovate the interior and make the Marlor Cottage an active resource for the community as a visual art space, historical tour destination, additional programming space, and a temporary residence for artists that Allied Arts brings to Milledgeville to visit and work in local schools and the community.