John Marlor House, 1830

The John Marlor House was built by architect John Marlor as a wedding present for his second wife, Ann Carlton Marlor. John Marlor was born on February 11, 1789 in England, and died in Milledgeville on October 13, 1835. This two-over-two clapboard house with shed rooms was renovated in the 1970-80s to house Allied Arts offices and the Elizabeth Marlor Bethune Art Gallery.